WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 18, 2013) -- Seven months into the 113th Congress and the NTRA’s federal legislative team is actively working with members of Congress and their staffs to preserve, protect and advance horse racing’s interests on Capitol Hill.
Many bills introduced so far impact horse racing and breeding. Below is a list of pending industry-related legislation introduced in the current Congress:
- Taxation: Equine Tax Parity Act (H.R. 998); Race Horse Cost Recovery Act (H.R. 2212)
- Internet Gaming: Internet Gambling Regulation Consumer Protection & Enforcement Act (H.R. 2282); Internet Poker Freedom Act (H.R. 2666)
- Animal Welfare: Safeguard American Food Exports Act (S. 541) (H.R. 1094); Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act (S. 973)/ (H.R. 2012); Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act (S. 1171)/ (H.R. 1528)
- Immigration: Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act (S. 744)
- Agriculture: Agriculture Reform, Food and Jobs Act (S. 954); Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act (H.R. 2642)
Click here http://www.ntra.com/en/legislative/advocacy-center/current-bills/ to read an expanded description of each bill, including the sponsor’s name and committee referral action.