ARCADIA, Calif. (June 23, 2017) – The California Horse Racing Board conducted its regular meeting Thursday, June 22, at Santa Anita Park. First Vice Chair George Krikorian presided. Second Vice Chair Madeline Auerbach and Commissioners Jesse Choper, Araceli Ruano and Alex Solis also were in attendance.
The audio of this entire Board meeting is available on the CHRB Website (www.chrb.ca.gov) under the Webcast link. In brief:
- The Board approved licenses for five Advance Deposit Wagering companies –NYRAbets.com, Twinspires.com/Bet America, WatchandWager.com, XpressBet and TVG – for 18 months. By the time those licenses are up for renewal at the end of 2018, the CHRB plans to have an amended license application in place requiring ADW companies to provide more extensive financial information specific to their California operations.
- The Board approved the license for the Los Alamitos Racing Association to conduct a daytime thoroughbred race meet at Los Alamitos from July 5 through July 18 on condition that LARA submit all required documents to the CHRB by June 30.
- The Board approved the license for the Sonoma County Fair to operate a fair meet in Sonoma from August 2 through August 22.
- The Board approved the license for the Humboldt County Fair to operate a fair meet in Ferndale from August 23 through September 5.
- The Board approved the license for the Pacific Racing Association to operate a thoroughbred meet at Golden Gate Fields from August 23 through September 19.
- The Board authorized Watchandwager.com to distribute $5,400 in race day charity proceeds to six beneficiaries.
- The Board approved the funding agreement for CHRB operations for the 2017-18 fiscal year.