ALBANY, Calif. (Apr. 24, 2016) -- A – The California Horse Racing Board conducted its regular meeting Thursday, April 21, at Golden Gate Fields. Chairman Chuck Winner presided. Vice Chair Richard Rosenberg and Commissioners Madeline Auerbach, Steve Beneto, and Jesse Choper also were in attendance.
The audio of this entire Board meeting is available on the CHRB Website (www.chrb.ca.gov) under the Webcast link. In brief:
- The Board approved a joint request by the California Authority of Racing Fairs (CARF) and San Joaquin County Fair to reallocate two weeks of race dates (September 21 through October 4, 2016) to the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton after San Joaquin officials indicated they did not wish to run those dates in Stockton as previously allocated.
- The Board approved for public notice various regulations and amendments requiring that all horses be microchipped by January 1, 2018, in order to race in California.
- The Board approved a request by management and horsemen at Los Alamitos to immediately suspend authorization for the use of albuterol for all horses participating in quarter horse racing at Los Alamitos for 12 months.
- The Board approved a CARF request to designate the 2016 fair racing meets in Pleasanton, Sacramento (State Fair), Ferndale, Fresno, and again Pleasanton (former Stockton meet) as a combined meet.
- The Board approved a regulatory amendment requiring all licensees mounted on a horse on a racetrack to wear a safety vest.
- The Board approved for public notice a regulatory amendment requiring applicants for Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) licenses to submit 24 months of financial information.